Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, August 28, 2006

 

Life is what you make of it...

Oh sure, easy for me to say huh? I'm not ignorant, I assure you. I know that people are in situations that they just can't help but be in. Children are in violent homes, spouses are cheating... But I do believe that you can make more of life by making more of yourself.

That's why I decided to make some changes in my current situation. I'm tired of stressing over money. I'm tired of feeling like the household maid. I'm ready to challenge myself in ways that I've never challenged myself before. I want to achieve my goals and do it my way.

I'll be honest. My age is a big factor. I will be turning 39 in December. I don't want to sit back and wonder where my dreams went. I remember watching Oprah one day and she described her 40's as the best years of her life. THAT is what I want... to challange myself, be in a place that I've always dreamed of... It's time.

So where did this post come from? Obviously I've had it on my mind for some time but reading what my good friend jai wrote this morning made me really think. Why should we accept the things in our lives that aren't meant for us? Why do we sit back and take abuse of various forms (ignorant comments, uncaring attitudes, snideness and more)? We don't have to! We should be able to 1. accept others around us, even their faults 2. help others when help is needed but also 3. survive and prosper within ourselves without having to explain.

I've just decided to stay on track. I can't let others derail me. (( Like allowing my husband to make high calories meals and shove them in my face -- "oh, just one meal won't hurt" -- and watching the pounds come back )) I must look forward, not backwards.

Life IS what you make of it. Struggle, because you learn from that but get back on your feet and face towards your goals.

~ make life fantastic

Comments:
Oh, I love "3. survive and prosper within ourselves without having to explain."

That is so true! Why is it we so often have a challenge of someone trying to derail us when we are trying to prosper and reach our goals? Why is it so many times we feel we have to "explain" why we are doing something? Or what our decision is? Why can't our decisions just be freakin' ACCEPTED simply because we made them?

Jai
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?